One of the easiest ways to keep your apartment fresh is to change its decor for every season. This way, you get something different to look at. You also get a chance to clean last season’s elements without worrying about your space looking barren.
Summer Decorating Tips
- Put up heavy curtains or drapes. Summer is associated with sunlight, but sunlight can add a tremendous amount of heat to your space. Block it out to enjoy cool interiors. Keep the colors light so that the window coverings don’t look as heavy as they are.
- Switch to light, neutral colors for accents and window treatments. Light colors give a bright and airy appearance to your rooms, while neutral colors indicate that the spring season has passed.
- Put down a dark “welcome” mat. In this case, the dark color is a purely practical consideration. Summers are more likely to include outdoor adventures that can cause your shoe soles to pick up and track in more dirt. By making your welcome mat a dark color, you’ll be able to hide the soiling and avoid having to wash the mat too frequently.
- Mount some summery items on your walls or doors as decorations. A straw hat and pair of sunglasses along with similar accessories will bring the theme to mind immediately. Use inexpensive versions so you’re not tempted to take them down and use them.
- Switch up your bed sheets. Summer sheets should be lightweight so that they don’t trap your body heat while you’re trying to sleep. Choose a light color as well to bring the bright, airy look into the bedroom.
- Brighten up your table. One of the most fun ways to bring about a seasonal decor change is to start using a set of summer dishes. If the thought of keeping four different sets of dishes is too daunting, try changing out your tablecloth or centerpiece.
To get a tour of our great Los Angeles apartments for summer living, stop by our office or call us today. We’ll be glad to show you around our community and our available studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans.